Monday, December 6, 2010

I LOVE My Spiralizer!!

It just amazes me how easy a task can be with the right gadget!  Sunday was no exception.

I just love veggie pasta, and without my spiralizer I would really miss out on this treat!


I gave it got a good workout: zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and parsnips.  It made a very colorful combination.  I added some shredded green cabbage and minced garlic and I my pasta is made for the week.


Isn't it pretty!

I will have it for lunch this week with various toppings.  I have a great marinara sauce that is perfect on it. I made marinated portabello mushrooms, also terrific on veggie pasta. 

And for a new topping, I tried a new recipe, Fettuccini Cheddar Pasta. The cheddar sauce is amazing.  It is made from red bell pepper, water, raw cashews, tahini, nutritional yeast, sea salt, onion, garlic and lemon juice.  All just blended in my Blendtec until it is creamy. Easy. Easy. Easy!! And yummy, yummy, yummy!!!


Since the Cheddar Sauce it isn't my personal recipe I cannot share it with you, however, it can be found in Eating for Energy by Yuri Elkaim.

What a great way to get your veggies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...