Thursday, December 16, 2010

I need to blog more!

Oh how the time flies.  I have had so many things I wanted to blog, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time!

Monday night I went to my first Raw Food Tulsa meetup. Raw and Live Food 101 - Desserts.  Kat and Faith made an apple pie, coconut ice cream and chocolate pudding. It was really interesting and tasted amazing.  I am not totally raw when it comes to eating, especially in this cold weather, but I certainly favor it.  My diet is probably 70-80% raw.  I am enjoying all the raw recipies I have been trying.

Tonight I made a great salad from Vegetarian Times Special Healing Foods Cookbook.  It was a Grated Raw Beet Salad with Jicama, Avacado and Orange.


 The red beet, white jicama, green avocardo and cilantro, and the oranges look so pretty together in the bowl.



The dressing had orange juice concentrate as the base and it really complimented all the vegetables.  This is a definate "do-over" in our house.

It has been so cold here in Oklahoma, but we are so lucky to not have any snow and ice.  Today I was in the mood for soup and tried another recipe out of the Vegetarian Times Special Healing Foods Cookbook, Minestone with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Soup. It was just what I needed in this cold weather. I had fresh green beans so used them instead of peas, and I also had several cups of vegetable broth that I added to the water to equal the right amount of liquid, otherwise I followed the recipe.



We LOVED it!  Next time I will double the recipe!

Now to get back to all the tasks of getting ready for Christmas.  Remember, you are what you eat! Pick wisely. And go for that green smoothie everyday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...