Saturday, August 4, 2012

Energy Bars . . . or are they?

I make my own energy bar. I haven't found one to buy that I like, and at least by making them myself, I am sure of what is in them! My bars are filled with great superfoods, tastes great and are so easy to make.


This is how easy it is to make them.

Here are the ingredients:
Coconut, goji berries, hemp seeds, cacao, chia seeds, maca, walnuts, and dates


Add the dates to a food processor


and pulse until there are large chunks.


Add the remaining ingredients


and pulse it until it sticks together when pinched.


Dump mixture onto parchment or wax paper and make a ball, then flatten the ball.


Place another piece of parchment or wax paper on top, and using a glass or rolling pin, flatten it to your desired thickness. Mine are about a half inch thick.


Using a large knife, square off the edges



and then cut into bars.


I like to top the bars off with coconut, nuts or hemp seeds.


Now just separate each bar


and wrap them individually. Store them in the freezer


and a quick energy bar, or treat, is ready when you are!

These bars are full of amazing ingredients. Superfoods. 

Check out the phenomenal properties of each one. 









There were lots of links to pick from when looking for the benefits and nutritional value of these foods. Do your own research. You might be surprised.

Yes, they are full of energizing nutrients, but they do taste so good! So that brings me back to the original question . . . 

                                  are they an energy bar, or a treat? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...