Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hello my blog. I have missed you!

Time has just flown by these last two months. I am glad things are slowing down and I can get to the simple things I enjoy.

Today started out with Mass. A perfect beginning. A quick stop at Whole Foods and home by ten.  By eleven, outside watering and chores were done and I was free to play in the kitchen! Actually the big task was to clean the refrigerator.

So all the things I bought at the Farmer's market were just staring at me. I cut up the watermelon and after eating a good amount of it, I stored it for eating and juicing.  Did you know the rind is actually very good for us?

Next came the eggplant. Spelled bacon to me.  Slice, marinate and in the dehydrator it went. It is a recipe from Matthew Kenney's book, Everyday Raw. (great link!)

Friday, the 29th, is his book signing party at his restaurant, Matthew Kenney OKC, and I am looking forward to the road trip with Monica and Katherine Rose. His new book is called, Everyday Raw Express.




Here's a few pictures to show you what came next.  I call it my Sweet Summer Slaw! See how cleaning out the refrigerator can be so delicious!

Shredded red cabbage, green cabbage, zucchini, and carrots. Raisins and chopped pineapple. 
Great colors. Dressing: pineapple juice, honey, peach balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Lunch: Stacked Sweet Summer Slaw ready to eat! Delicious!
The best part of playing in the kitchen was making a fantastic recipe by Raw Intentions called Brownie Banana Split. Denise does a class at Whole Foods regularly and this is one of the items she made last Friday.  It is an amazing dessert. Thanks Denise. You are amazing too!

In a little tart pan, the brownie is ready to get dressed.

First comes the sweet creme.

Here are all the toppings: pineapple, strawberries, banana and walnuts.

So pretty!

We had dessert for dinner!!!
Of course, after all that creativity, comes this:


Wish I had someone to clean up after me!


It is all cleaned up now.  
I really enjoyed my day.  
And it feels good to blog again.  
Now I am going to do something else I haven't done in a long time, knit!

RAWking in the kitchen is good for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...