Monday, November 29, 2010

Recipe try-outs!

With the holiday break I found some time to try out a few recipes.  None of which were disappointing!

Marinara Sauce, from Eating for Energy, not only tastes great but the smell, oh my gosh, is awesome in itself!  I like it better that the other marinara sauce recipe I used previously.

It was so pretty in the food processor!


I wish you could smell this!!!


I had this over some zuchinni pasta that I made with my spiralizer. Delightful!

Another new recipe I tried was Waldorf Salad from Raw for the Holidays, by Penni Shelton. It is full of the usual Waldorf Salad ingredients, however, the dressing is not mayo!


The dressing is created in the blender using cashews, that have been soaked, garlic, sea salt, lemon juice, water, agave and olive oil.  Very creamy.  And everyone ate it!  It was quite the hit actually.



Also from Eating for Energy, I made a great dip, which I will also use as a salad dressing, Creamy Cucumber Dressing. Cucumber, avocado, cilantro, basil and dill are just a few of the great ingredients that give this dip such a great fresh taste.  

Marinated Portobello Mushrooms, from Eating for Energy, end this post. So easy and so delicious.  I think it is the apple cider vinegar and the Braggs Amino Acids that give it the pizazz. I will have it on top of zuchini pasta for lunch tomorrow.  It will also go great in salad too!

I am having a blast trying out all these new recipes. I have more bookmarked then I can possibly make and eat!!!


1 comment:

  1. This site is BEAUTIFUL Kathy!! (It's your friend from Cafe Samana!) I will spend some time here and these recipes look delicious! -- Dianna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...