Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Battle Ends

I sit here with a heavy heart, staring at the screen, unable to come up with words.

Today is the funeral of our nephew, Gary. Gary was 30 years old, and had battled bone cancer since the age of 13. He was an amazing young man. I will always remember his remarkable courage and smile.

Because we live 1800 miles away we were not part of his life, but he was always part of our prayers. His mother, my sister-in-law, had this remarkable dedication and drive when it came to Gary's care. She is an amazing woman and fought the battle as hard as Gary did.

I am so sad. I can't even begin to imagine her pain, or his wife of 9 months, or what the rest of the family must feel. For them the loss is huge.

For Gary, the pain is gone.

God Bless you Gary, and all who knew you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...