Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Gold

To my Dad, who was my favorite Irishman,
and to all my "green" friends...


Top of the mornin' to all you Lads and Lassie's
and best wishes for a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Green happens in my house every morning. I bet even St. Patrick would consider a green smoothie if he came to visit me! Today's green smoothie is called Green Gold and was a perfect way start St. Patrick's Day.

Green Gold

1 Pear
1 Avocardo
a handful of cilantro
a stalk of celery
a handful of bok choy
a handful (or 2!!) of kale
an inch of fresh ginger root (Ah, the gold!!!)
a tablespoon each of chia seeds and hemp seeds
a teaspoon of spirulina
about 10 ounces of coconut water
filtered water and ice to taste

Put it all in your blender and blend away,
until it is smooth and the consistency you like!


May all who read this be truly blessed. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

An Irish Prayer
May God give you...

For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

P.S. Here is another GREAT green smoothie recipe from my friend Kat!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...