Saturday, April 9, 2011

To Market to Market . . . and then plant it all!

Today was fabulous.  The Cherry Street Farmer's Market opened and Brookside held it's annual Herb Fest.

The Farmer's Market was mobbed. We got there around 9:30 and lots of the stuff was already gone.  Next week I will definitely be there earlier. Hmmm . . . next week is the  Herbal Affair in Sand Springs, so I may actually miss the Farmer's Market???? How to be in two places at the same time?


It was my first time to go to the Brookside Herb Fest. It was full of fun too. I came home with so many plants from the two places.  It took me all afternoon to plant everything.  I can't wait until it all grows and I can eat it!! I planted lots of varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers, several kinds of red peppers, squash, sage, mints, basil, strawberries, and I forget what else because I am so tired! Happy tired though.

Mother Goose is back.

She watched me work all afternoon. I counted 8 eggs in her nest. She layed her eggs last Sunday - it takes 28 days until they hatch.  If it is anything like last year, the day after they hatch they move on to bigger real estate. Ungrateful . . . I don't even charge her rent!!

I love working in the yard. There is something great about getting dirty...the sounds of nature as I work in the yard...there is a peace...time to think...conversations with God. It is pretty therapeutic. It does my body good!

Home. It IS my favorite place. And I really do love it this time of year.

Here's a few pictures from my day:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...