Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A memory making restaurant!

love this restaurant.


 I love the decor.

I love the people I have met there.

I love the people I have gone with to share a special meal and time together.

I love the memories I have from my visits to Matthew Kenney's.

And I love, I really love, the food!

On Sunday, January 22nd, I, along with six other good friends, headed down the turnpike to Oklahoma City to celebrate Monica and Tim's birthday. It was indeed great time spent together, from the great car conversations, to phenomenal food, to checking out the new Whole Foods Market, and ending with a fascinating shopping trip in the biggest Asian market I have ever gone to.

The food speaks for itself

beet carpaccio
heirloom beets ‘en sous vide’, cashew ‘goat’ cheese, pistachio, frozen lemon oil


avocado dragon roll
autumn root vegetables, ginger, jicama rice, nori



avocado dragon roll
autumn root vegetables, ginger, jicama rice, nori




Sunday Brunch Sampler




bixby chopped
‘roasted’ pecans, caramelized delicata, avocado, sundried tomato, seven herb ranch




local red beet gnocchi
hazelnut-parsley pesto,truffle, sage, ‘braised’ cauliflower




local red beet gnocchi
hazelnut-parsley pesto,truffle, sage, ‘braised’ cauliflower




tortillas
napa slaw, guacamole, queso fresco, cacao mole




classic heirloom tomato lasagna
sun-cured tomato marinara, macadamia ricotta, hand-cut pesto




curried kelp noodles
young coconut, peachcrest vegetables, basil, chili, almonds




autumn ice cream trio
macaroons
apple, pumpkin and maple




chai tasting
clove gelato, ginger layer cake, cinnamon cacao fudge, cardamom budino




chocolate ganache tart
caramel cream, pink himalayan salt
with a side of vanilla ice cream




Now, just for the record, I did not eat all that food! 
But admittedly, I ate a lot of it!!






Happy Birthday Monica!




Happy Birthday Tim!
(yes, those are kale chips!)




Here's the gang that contributes to my memory collection!


I am grateful for the times we spend together.


I can't believe I forgot my rock though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...