Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What do you want to do for supper?

That is one of my husband's standard questions when he calls me at work each day.

Sometimes I am one step ahead of him and I ask the question first, but usually he wins, and asks it first.

The question has lots of possible answers. The main answer is "EAT," but my usual reply is, "I don't know, I'll think of something."  Which also means, I have no idea what I am going to make, or what we are going to eat.

In the days of meat, I always had to have a plan for dinner. Once the meat was decided upon the rest of the meal just fell into place. If I forgot to defrost meat, well, that meant we had to eat out! Meat was the controlling factor in those days. Boy, I don't miss that!

When I got home I was really tired, so I was in the mood for easy. And easy it was.


Here it is in the salad bowl. 
I love the colors and textures and the way it reflects the light.


And here it is on the plate. Where's my fork?


I almost forgot to add this. 
I love this on salads. 
It is a great combination of flavors and adds that final touch to a salad.


There, now that is what we are doing for supper!
We are eating an amazing unplanned salad!

So what is it that is piled on that plate? 
It is whatever I found in the refrigerator that appealed to me!

fresh assorted greens
tomatoes
cucumber
red peppers
red onion
grated carrots and red cabbage
corn
black beans
avocado
and of course that sprinkle of gamosio

No recipe is necessary to create the perfect salad. 
I have lots of perfect salads that are all different!

Oh, and it was coated with an easy dressing.  
No real recipe for that either, but way better than bottled dressing.
This salad was dressed with olive oil, apple cider vinegar,
honey, salt, garlic powder and cumin.

Perfect.


There is another plate that looks just like this one!!

Can you tell we liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...