Sunday, March 18, 2012

Afternoon Delight


Now you knew this was what I was talking about. Right?

This was a great weekend. We got yard work and projects done, watched a movie, had company, twice, I did some knitting, played in the kitchen, and got really organized for the week. I made a pot of Red Lentil and Curry Squash Stew for my husband's lunches this week. I chopped and packed up a bag of veggies for Green Bandito Soup, my friend Kat's recipe, that she made on Friday night at Whole Foods. I got my veggies ready for juice. 

This is how I make raw food fast food!


Desserts are one of my favorite raw food creations. They can be really quick and uncomplicated. After watching a few YouTube's recently, I was inspired by Dara Dubinet, to make this creation today. Many raw desserts have a nut base to the recipe, and Dara made a cream sauce using hemp seeds instead of nuts, and that was intriguing to me, so of course, I had to make it!

First I melted the cacao butter and coconut oil, and then added it to sifted cacao with some honey and a pinch of salt.


After it was blended well I put the chocolate in a squeeze bottle for later.


The hemp seed cream was easy to make: water, hemp seed, frozen banana, dates, vanilla and a pinch of salt. It came out with just the right thickness and sweetness to do the trick.


The third part of this recipe is the strawberries.


After washing them, removing the stems and quartering them, they were ready to combine with the chocolate and hemp cream. I picked two pretty crystal wine glasses and layered everything twice. A few cacao nibs sprinkled on top, and there you have it . . .


afternoon delight for two!

We don't often even have dessert, so to have one in the middle of the afternoon was a nice treat. If we could have gotten our tongues down into the glass I think we would have licked it clean. As it turned out, we were pretty good at scraping!


After dessert we decided we needed dinner. We headed to Dilly Deli, only to find out it was closed. Chalkboard restaurant has a new veggie burger so we thought we'd go there and check it out. Well, it is only available on the lunch menu. Strike two. So when all else fails, we go to our favorite place: our own kitchen! 



Two romaine wraps and a fresh ear of corn. Home run!

It really is true, there is no place like home!

Oh, back to afternoon delight. Do you remember that song? I only remembered the part, 
"Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight, 
gonna grab some afternoon delight. 
Star rockets in flight. 
Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight."

So I looked up the words
Hmmmmm . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...