Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Words of wisdom from St. Francis of Assisi

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” - Francis of Assisi

I love this quote. It makes me think of how we can look at something in hindsight, and wonder how we ever pulled it off. It's those times when we did accomplish something that we thought was impossible, but out of need we make it happen. In a way, this puts my journey to renewed health in prospective for me.

"Start by doing what's necessary,

Change. That was what was necessary for me. I just could not keep going down the path I was following. My fibromyalgia was getting the best of me, I was at my heaviest weight ever, my cholesterol had skyrocked, I was unhappy with myself and life in general. Something had to give. Something had to change. I wanted my life back.

then what's possible,

Along comes a conversation with my doctor. Dr. Michael Malloy opened a door for me that made change possible. With that conversation, some research and a little bit of knowledge, I embarked on my journey to renewed health. It wasn't even hard. As a matter of fact it was very exciting, and still is! In a very short time many things changed for me. My cholesterol dropped, my pain level was remarkably reduced, I shed pounds, allergy problems disappeared, I had energy, and it was wonderful to feel good again. The change that was necessary happened, and it was possible.

and suddenly you are doing the impossible."


So here I am now, at a place that I thought I would ever be in again. I had resigned myself that the way I felt was just part of getting old, that everyone has something to deal with so I just needed to accept my ailments and adapt. If someone told me two years ago that I would become a vegan, eat a high raw diet, and feel great, I would have thought it to be quite impossible.

The good news is what was necessary became possible and before I knew it, I had done what I perceived to be the impossible.

What do you need to do to be doing the impossible?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...