Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Am I going RAW???

I have found that I am favoring raw food lately and not eating much cooked food.  I also noticed that I haven't missed cooked food.  No cooked food since last Saturday?? Wonder what is happening??

It is amazing how energized I feel lately.  I sleep the whole night through, after months (maybe a year) of never having a full night sleep.  Maybe I am not always thrilled to get up in the morning, but I am not exhausted, nor am I as stiff or sore as days gone by.  My skin and hair is different - better.  No drugs. Minimal fibromyalgia pain.  That is huge.  Life is good.  Really, it is so good.

I loved dinner tonight.  I made Zucchini Pasta and Marinara sauce, put it on a bed of spinach, added a few black olives and some shredded vegetarian Parmesan cheese, and it was delicious!! It will be a repeated recipe.  Oh, and it is a totally raw recipe.

I found the recipe on a YouTube.  Jennifer Cornbleet has some great YouTube videos showing how to make all kinds of things - from Green Smoothies to desserts.  Her website has a number of her recipes and some interesting "stuff."


You might want to watch one of her videos.  The one below is how she made the Zucchini Pasta with Marinara Sauce.




She doesn't really give the amounts in her video.  This is what I used and it it turned out pretty good:

1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
3 tomatoes
1 1/2 red peppers
1/2 jar sun dried tomatoes (in olive oil) - about 4 ounces
1 clove garlic
basil, oregano, black pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper

I blended it in the food processor to the consistency of salsa.

I think it could be good heated up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...