Friday, October 22, 2010

So Many Things To Love: Green-Smoothies

I got my first comment, on my blog post, I want to be the hummingbird, not the hibernating bear!, by a total stranger, who even has become a follower. It just blew me away!  I don't even know how she found my blog???

Her name is Gabriele Agustini, and she is the author the blog, So Many Things to Love, (with that title she has to be an amazing lady!) and I have spent lots of time browsing her site. One of her articles that I really want to share is her post: So Many Things To Love: Green-Smoothies.  It is so good for those who are a bit new to smoothies. The green mustaches on her grandchildren's faces are the best!  You must check it out!

I have just surpassed my 3 month point of drinking green smoothies and I cannot imagine a day without having one.  Test it out for yourself.  Replace your breakfast with a Green Smoothie for two to three weeks, even if you make no other changes in your diet, and see if you don't notice a remarkable difference in your energy. Oh, and as a side note, I bet you will see a difference on your scale too!

It really is easy to do.  Google Green Smoothies recipes and you will be amazed at what you can find.  I started out with my favorite fruit(s), a good handful of spinach, or romaine or kale, a heaping tablespoon of flaxseed, and water to make to the consistency I liked.  I didn't even have a blender - I used a Magic Bullet.  I ultimately had to get a blender because the Magic Bullet wasn't big enough for the amount I needed to make, so now my Mom uses it to make her green smoothies (how cool is that - 80 years old and loving Green Smoothies!).  I began on the fruity side but as time has gone by, I am more on the green side! This was a good blog today on how to select greens for a smoothie - video and all - so check that out for ideas, and the reasons why.  Ode to Green Smoothies is worth reading too.

It will change you! Seriously, give it a try.  What do you have to lose??? (Weight, lack of energy, just to name two things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...