Thursday, October 14, 2010

. . . and eat your cake too!

Today was one of those remarkable, memorable days.

I started out with a Dr.'s appointment that was delightful.  Dr. Malloy inspires me.  I am so grateful to him in many ways.  I cannot wait for his website to be launched, and I have high hopes that one of his other patients, Mary, will contact me.  He told me about an organic  Tulsa Coop , that I can't wait to check out.  This was my first return visit since he suggested I read "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, and he was quite pleased with my improvements: feeling great, energized, and 18 pounds lighter!  Yay Me!!!!!!!!

A really thing nice happened to my oldest son today.  He is certainly due for some nice happenings.  And my youngest son did something really nice for me.  Tickets to Florida to go visit them.  It was a good feeling to have both of them in my day today.

So to celebrate, I made a cake!

It is from my newest cookbook: Raw Food Made Easy by Jennifer Cornbleet, page 138.  This cookbook, -  ha, nothing in it is cooked yet I still call it a cookbook!!  -  anyhow, it is filled with great dishes.  I love it!

Here's the recipe:
In a food processor blend 1 1/2 c. raw walnuts and a dash of salt until finely ground. Add 8 pitted medjool dates, 1/3 c. cacao, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp water. Process until the mixture begins to stick together.

Transfer to a plate and form into a 5-inch round cake. Add raspberry sauce.

Raspberry sauce: Process 1 c fresh or frozen (thaw and drain) with 1/4 cup pitted medjool ates, soaked, until smooth.

So you can have a great day . . . and eat your cake too!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...