Monday, January 10, 2011

Corn on the cob in the winter??

Thursday night I got two ears of corn in my veggie bag at Anner's, Tulsa Food Coop, and thought it a bit odd in the middle of the winter.  I am not a big fan of corn, so I wasn't too impressed.  Then along came Anner's recipes and I thought, "Hmmmm, Broccoli Corn Slaw, might be pretty good."

So outside as snowflakes fell, I had a summer moment in my kitchen husking corn!! This was a really easy recipe and we really enjoyed it.


Combine 1 cup of broccoli, cut into small florets, corn kernels from two ears of corn and a half cup chopped onion in a bowl. Mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/4th teaspoon kosher salt, 1/8th teaspoon of white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, stir, and mix with vegetables.  Refrigerate 15 minutes or more before serving.

I didn't have the white pepper or the pepper flakes, but this was still very tasty.  Next time I might go a little heavier with the oregano. I am anxious to see if it taste even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...