Saturday, January 29, 2011

Revive 2011: Body/Mind/Spirit

At the invitation of Kat Conrad, I attended an informal gathering in her home. I met Kat in December when I went to a Raw Food Tulsa Meetup. Kat is a Holistic Health Counselor/Nutrition Coach, a breast cancer survivor and is passionate about sharing her knowledge and experience of the impact of nutrition. Kat has a kind and gentle way about her, a sense of peace, and a delivery that immediately attracts one to her. I look forward to a long friendship and relationship with this fine lady.

I arrived to her home and was immediately welcomed by her and her guests.  Kat had prepared a Wilted Kale Salad, a Hummus and veggie tray, and a Winter Quinoa Salad. I am sorry I didn't take a picture because it was a really nice presentation.

Kat is seated at the head of the table on the left.
We sat around Kat's table and talked and shared for hours. I learned: the more I learn, the more there is to learn! I shared my acronym: CRAP. (I hope they don't remember me as the CRAP lady!) We were talking about what to avoid and I shared what CRAP stands for: avoid Caffeine, Refined sugars, Alcohol, and Processed Foods. The night was filled with nutritional conversations, a wonderful spiritual discussion about our quiet time, frustrated conversation about governmental controls and the need to educate and help people with proper nutrition and awareness, microwaves, and all too many other topics to list!

I am very honored to be associated with these amazing people who are not only making a difference in their own lives, but working at sharing and spreading good nutrition and health with their family, children and those around them.

My hostess gift was a bag of mung beans followed by a crash course on sprouting. My beans are soaking as I write this!




The mung sprouts were an ingredient in Kat's wilted kale salad. I found this website about mung bean sprouts  and the nutritional value of these sprouts.

Now, for one of the real highlights of the evening, the dessert! Oh my! I am not a big lover of cheesecake, but I never had cheesecake like this before! It was fabulous! My picture does it no justice.


When I tell people I prefer to eat raw food, they always ask "So what do you eat?" Well, this is a fine example!

I choose to eat the food God made, instead of the food man makes, and it has renewed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...