Friday, February 10, 2012

A Soup and Salad Day

How many times have you gone to a restaurant and had soup and salad?  It is a pretty common lunch, especially for us gals. Mom and I order soup and salad often. So it just seemed fitting to have soup and salad today right here in my own kitchen when Mom decided to come over.

Today is a dark gray and bone chilling day.



Looking out the window just makes me want to stay in.

So . . .  to offset the dreariness of outdoors, lunch need to be bright and cheery . . . like spring.

Green!!!

Perfect day to make Denise's Broccoli Salad and my new favorite soup. I created this soup, Apple Spinach Avocado Soup, a few days ago by rummaging in the refrigerator. I even impressed myself with the results!



This salad tastes just like the original Broccoli Salad of days gone by, but without all the "bad" stuff. No dairy in this one, no sugar and no bacon. Yet it tastes the same! My chef friend is so talented when it comes to creating nutrient packed healthy raw recipes. This one gets a gold star! My Mom liked it so much I had to send half of it home with her!

If you have not visited my friend's website, Raw Intentions, you should really check it out. If you follow my blog you will know I refer to her (Denise Madeja) often. This is a person who has had a huge impact on my life, as well as many others. She does an excellent newsletter where I have been educated in a number of ways on a number of topics, plus she always has a recipe to share! Here is the newsletter where she shared her Broccoli Salad recipe. Check it out and get on her mailing list.

Really, do it! Now!



My soup - now how is that for green - is so quick and easy. And thanks to my high powered blender, it even heats it up! It only takes a few ingredients: spinach, apple, avocado, salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a squeeze of a lemon, and hot water. If anyone wants the actual recipe I am happy to share.

Now, put it all together, and this is what you get:



A lovely mother and daughter lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...