Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Are you a nutritarian?

I love leftovers. It makes fixing a meal so fast! The Quinoa, Kale and Sweet Potato Salad from yesterday made a nice addition to a quick throw together salad.


I combined spinach, cucumbers, red onions, avocado, mango, slivered almonds, and dried cranberries, tossed it with a dressing made from the other half of the avocado, apple cider vinegar, and a splash of honey, and then sprinkled it all with gomasio (I love that stuff!). Some leftover hummus and carrots, and a couple of olives, rounded out the square plate. Definitely an oral exercise with all that chewing! The point: it was fast and delicious! Oh, and healthy!

Eating Like a Nutritarian DVDSpeaking of healthy, I watched Dr. Joel Fuhrman's, Eating Like a Nutritarian, this past weekend. (Thanks to my sweet husband for buying it for me!) It is full of good information and the major part of it is filmed in a Whole Foods. I learned a few chopping tips. The onion one really worked.  I really admire this doctor. He played a big role in my health journey. His book Eat to Live was life changing for me. He coined the word nutritarian.  Do you know what that word means? Do you know if you are a nutritarian?
Another one of my favorite documentaries, FoodMatters, has a blog on their website. They post some really good discussions, publications, and articles. Today I linked to them through Facebook to read the article: The Best and Worse Foods for your Heart. It is written by a doctor. Heart disease is an epidemic these days. The statistics are staggering. I know too many people dealing with heart disease. The article is really a quick read. Take a second and check out the link. Do it for you.

Oh, and by the way, I am, and love being, a nutritarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...