Thursday, February 3, 2011

For my raw food friends



I bet you think this is a dessert!

Is this not amazing color?

I love the presentation.

OK, give up? 


This is Red Velvet Soup with Orange Cashew Cream

It is from the February Resolve to Evolve recipes by Penni Shelton and her associates on the Raw Food Rehab site. That red color is beets. I love beets and this is a wonderful way to use them in a raw recipe. The garnish is cilantro.

It was really easy to make and did not require lots of ingredients:
Blend together grated beets, avocado, orange & lime juice, apple cider vinegar, hemp seeds, coriander and sea salt.

Blend, blend, blend. Add water for consistency if needed. Amazing red color!

This is for the Orange Cream Sauce: soaked cashews, orange juice and zest, honey and vanilla.

When I put this together I poured four rounds of the cream on the top and then pulled it through the soup with a tiny fork. It is pretty rich.

The cream is wonderful.  I am going to use it as a dressing on chopped fruit, or maybe thin it down a little bit more and try it on a green salad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...