Friday, February 25, 2011

My new favorite salad

I attended a Raw Food class at Whole Foods. It was presented by Denise Madeja of Raw Intentions. She is another example of a person triumphing over illness and healing through simple nutrition.

She made a Sprouted Lentil Salad and also gave us the recipe. The little taste I got was more than enough to send me running through Whole Foods following the class to collect all the ingredients. When I got home the lentils went into my sprouting jar. It took a couple of days and like magic my jar was full of sprouted lentils!
This grew from an inch - maybe and inch and a half of dry green lentil! Gotta love living foods!!

The dressing for this salad has an avocado base and is fabulous! Add it to the colorful combination of fresh vegetables mixed with the lentils, and a delightful salad is at the end of your fork!!


This is the dressing


Here are all the ingredients


Put them all together, and what do you have?

My new favorite salad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...