Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rapping Romaine!

I love it when it just all comes together.  I stood looking in the refrigerator wondering what to make when the light bulb came on! My light bulb, not the refrigerator bulb!

I grabbed a carrot, parsnip, celery stalk and a red pepper.  I ran it all through the food processor and then added some chopped cilantro and squeezed half a lemon over it all.  This is what I call wrap stuffing. Pretty, huh.
I make this kind of combination often, and it varies every time depending on what I find in refrigerator!

Now more items from the refigerator.
Nice big romaine lettuce leaves, guacamole, sliced avocado, cucumber spears, sliced tomatoes, bean sprouts, and my thousand island dressing. Now that dressing is a great recipe and a staple in my refrigerator - we use it as a dip, a spread or a dressing.  It's great. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Ok, so first spread the guacamole on the romaine.  Then add the cucumber slices, avocado and tomato slices.
Top it off with the wrap stuffing, sprouts and then drizzel with the dressing.
Now roll it all up and have at it!

Now if all else fails, and you get tired of rapping, it can be an un-rapped romaine rap!
It all ends up in the same place, right!

1 comment:

  1. looks yummy! My husband showed me your blog. It's funny Dr Malloy is my Dr too. I have been drinking green smoothies since Jan and I can tell a difference. My husband, Miguel, and I have completely changed our diet. He went from 185lbs to 169lbs (not trying to loose weight). Anyhow, keep up the posts!! I would like the recipe for the thousand island dressing you mentioned above. Thanks! -rmcrae03@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...